Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Mind is Winged by Words

Tēnā koutou katoa – Greetings to you all
Seagull
I wheeled with the stars, my heart broke loose on the wind - Pablo Neruda

You may have read posts tagged Green Pen Society on this blog. September’s first post is hosting the 'Green Pen Society' (GPS) writers' club for
Paul Cornies at quoteflections.

GPS is a group of writers/bloggers who are developing their voice in writing about the world around them. As this month’s host, I have the privilege and pleasure of choosing the theme.

What gets you flying?

Seth Godin is one of the world’s foremost blogger/writers. In the short video at the base of this post, he summarises what writing (in a blog) means to him. I identify with Seth’s childhood fascination for short-wave radio, for like him, the phenomenon of true wireless communication with others was one of my teenage obsessions. Today, writing is everything for Seth, especially writing a blog post.

Some write to pass on their thoughts to their descendants; some writers record their daily activities; others just write for the hell of it.
The theme for this month is about the passion that makes you write.

What brings you to write the things you choose to write about? Go on! Sock it to us! What gets you flying when you feel you want to write?

To participate in this month’s venture, post on the theme:

What gets you flying when you feel you want to write?

Tag your post with the label Green Pen Society. Put a comment here with a link to your post (important if you want me to know you exist!)

I will summarise your response with an update on this post. Go for it!

feathers
Virginia Yonkers - Connecting 2 the World
Why Do I Blog?


Paul Cornies - quoteflections
What Empowers Your Blogging?


Tania Sheko - Brave new world
Why do you write?
What gets you flying?


Jody Hayes - Navigators
I Blog So That . . .


Joanna Young - Confident Writing
What Makes Your Writing Fly?


Kathy Stilwell - Stilwell Reflections
What Gets You Flying When
You Feel You Want To Write


Susan Ens Funk - What Counts!
Inspired by . . .




pen
A Green Pen Society contribution

Rangimarie - Peace in Harmony

6 comments:

V Yonkers said...

Here is my post on Why I blog. I hope this addresses your question.

Paul C said...

Hi Ken,
I just posted my thoughts about what empowers me to blog. Thanks for hosting the Green Pen Society theme this month. Excellent choice of topic.

Joanna Young said...

Great video, thanks for sharing it Ken.

I'll have a think about your question too - I'd love to take part if I can find the words ;-)

Anonymous said...

I've also written a post about what makes me fly (in blogging).
http://tsheko.wordpress.com/2009/09/05/why-do-you-write-what-gets-you-flying/

Let me know if you have trouble with the link. Don't think I can hyperlink.

Jody Hayes said...

There is no post on my blog attached to this comment. I blog so that those who want to be part of class and can't PHYSICALLY come into class can be part of what we are doing. I blog some of what we are doing, some of what we are discussing, any class newsletters and anything else that allows our community to be connected. It is a challenge to explain enough of what we are doing without being too wordy or boring.

Unknown said...

Here's my response to your question. Many thanks!
http://stilwellreflections.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-gets-you-flying-when-you-feel-you.html